General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Message Board

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 16 Sep 2014 10:30

Why did it take 24 hours for notification to reach my mail box?

As it was a health question - a reply was anxiously awaited.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Sep 2014 10:41

Weird! Someone sent me a PM over night - arrived in my email box at 0615, the same time as shown on the GR inbox.

Although other people have also complained about the delay, in my case when I've got the email account open in another tab, its a delay of 5 mins max.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 19 Sep 2014 10:10

I found a message in my GR inbox yesterday morning which has never appeared in my email at all.

The contact seemed quite eager for info, soI sent a reply pretty quickly.
It hasn't been opened yet.
I accept that there could be other reasons but I am guessing that the contact hasn't had an alert email advising him of my response

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 19 Sep 2014 10:29

Literally just found a message in my GR in box ten minutes ago - dated 17th - No notification in my email box at all.

What is going on?

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 19 Sep 2014 10:48

Have contacted GR.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 19 Sep 2014 13:53

Have received a very quick reply and that technical team will be looking into my account.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Sep 2014 03:36

I notified them about this on Tuesday last week ..........

............. ..... I also had a thread on the problema s I have not been receiving email notifications of pms since Sunday Sept14

I got a quick response from GR ...................... but the same sort of reply .......

the technical people will be looking into it

so they have already been looking at the problem for a week ................ IF the email to me was true.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 20 Sep 2014 13:23

Am still waiting

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 20 Sep 2014 13:43

And another one I found just now sent yesterday.

jax

jax Report 20 Sep 2014 14:10

Very rarely look at my emails unless I am expecting something like a delivery.

Just had a look and although I had three pm's on here which I read as I got a notification at the top of the screen on the 17th....No email from GR for any of them

Last email recieved from GR was the 1st September had at least half a dozen pm's since then including a 'Can I view your tree even though we are no way related message' :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Sep 2014 21:50

*Guffaws loudly*

Can't be as bad as where I work :-|

Introduced an 'upgraded' system, for people to book themselves on courses. This would, of course, lead to less work for us, so even though there were more courses, no extra admin were needed.

Unfortunately, though from experience, inevitably, it deleted people's access to book themselves on the courses. They contacted us (who arrange the courses), we (as we were eventually advised) referred them to IT - who promptly referred them back to us to book them individually on to the courses!!!

What an amazing advance in technology - causing more than twice the amount of work (for the same number of already overworked admin) :-P :-P

Of course, this will 'soon be resolved' with the next 'update'.

......See the flying pigs..............

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 22 Sep 2014 09:44

Hi all,

Apologies for those of you not receiving notifications, we working on getting this fixed.

Regards

Shelley

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 Sep 2014 18:18

I have had 3 emails today re pms :-)

Two of them came in within about 5 minutes after the pm

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 25 Sep 2014 09:42

Hi all,

We are aware that some members are continuing to experience issues with notifications. Please email [email protected] with details.

Regards

Shelley