General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Buying Dreams

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Oct 2014 10:42

I posted something a bit garbled on the Wonga thread and then put my brain into gear.

Having thought about it for a bit I have come to the conclusion that people spend an awful lot of money trying to buy a dream.

Things you once learned to live with, scraggy nails, big nose, too fat for your liking, clothes that are not bang on fashion, a house that is not as big as somebody elses, you can now not have to live with it, you throw money at it and then you have what you want and other people can see that you have.

There are companies only too willing to lend you the money to throw at an advantage to themselves.

It appears to me that we have adopted a very odd attitude to reality and an even more odd faith in the power of money to change reality.

Alright, I know I am not one of the world's great philosophers but I had to stick my tongue out the corner of my mouth to think that one through!