General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

And they say animals are dumb

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 9 Oct 2014 13:24

A five-month-old cocker poodle may have saved his entire street from disaster by sniffing out a potentially deadly gas leak.

Owner Sue Brookes says Will the puppy was enjoying a walk in Greatham, near Hartlepool, when he stopped dead in his tracks and began growling.

When Will refused to move from the spot, Sue bent down to pick him up and carry him home - and it was then that she noticed a hissing sound.

Sue immediately called the gas leak emergency number and engineers rushed to the scene to cut off the supply after noticing a crack in the pipe.

Sue said "I had no idea why he stopped, but he wasn't going to budge for me. I was only a few yards from the front door, so I went back to where he was and as I leaned down I could smell the gas straight away and hear it leaking from the pipe. It was really strong when I got down to the level where Will was, and I knew straight away what it was so I reported it."

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2014-10-09/hero-puppy-cocker-poodle-saves-entire-street-by-sniffing-out-potentially-deadly-gas-leak/