General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

More on the subject of our little furry friends

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 24 Feb 2015 10:21

I posted on another thread recently .

-----------"I hate killing anything and having kept Berkshire rats as pets still have a bit of a soft spot for them

But 5 of the little beggars and droppings in our side store where we keep reserve food spurred me on I hate the idea of poison and a slow death so opted for traditional traps that kill outright . Placed them carefully as instructed on their "rat run" baited with peanut butter and covered over with a bit of tin to keep birds off, sat back and waited checking all the time in case a trap did fail to work outright and euthanasia was required.

Saw one belting along his rat run, he got to the trap walked around it carefully and shot off along his run again! "-------

Today my wife went out to check the traps, both sprung and the peanut butter licked off, not a rat in sight!

Yep they are clever all right! ;-) ;-) ;-)