General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Apple devices & newspaper images?!?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 24 Feb 2015 18:29

Hello - has anyone been able to view the newspaper subscription images with an apple device as I cannot! Have no access to other PC source - any feedback? :-|

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 24 Feb 2015 18:33

What exactly do you mean?

Do you mean you have a subscription but cannot see any images/pictures?

Julie

Julie Report 24 Feb 2015 19:53

Yes - can view the hyperlink that summarizes the content but when I clck to look at the article/ page it's blank - I added it to my keepsake but again it's blank. I know some file types don't work well on apple devices so am wondering if anyone else can access via their iPad/iphone! Thanks for asking

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 24 Feb 2015 20:00

It is possible that you need to check your file associations but it could be caused by a number of reasons, including your local settings - difficult to say without more information.

Julie

Julie Report 24 Feb 2015 20:26

Thanks - will have a play around!

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 24 Feb 2015 22:49

I had just this - temporarily - this morning with the Guardian on my Android tablet. Read the headlines in the index-type list, but couldn't get the full articles. Everything else on line was working.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 25 Feb 2015 07:27

Hi Elizabeth, using my iPad I just did a newspaper search on GR and like you I got the link followed by a white screen.

I then went to Find My Past and found the exact same newspaper article and it came up okay and I was able to read it.

Wendy