General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

question on Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence

Florence Report 7 Aug 2015 17:03

Hello all,

Could someone please tell me if i can change back to the old tree on Ancestry please!! only i came to do my tree today and saw they were advertising a new way so i thought i would have a look , and thought i would slowly get used to it but i need time to change. But i cannot seem to go back?

thanking you in advance, Flo

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Aug 2015 17:22

Lots of complaints about it on the FB page but this from Ancestry might help

". You can still access the older version of the site by hovering your mouse over your username and selecting this option from the drop down menu."

Hope it works.

Florence

Florence Report 7 Aug 2015 17:25

Thank you R rose,

will have a go!

grateful Flo.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 7 Aug 2015 17:27

That does work RR. But they don't want you to go back to the old - you have to go through a couple of hoops to get back.

Not on Face book so don't know what is being said. I've only seen individual profile pages and a tree - definitely don't like the profile page.

Edit: If you were on the new version when you logged out you are put back onto the NEW when you log back in.

Florence

Florence Report 7 Aug 2015 17:46

Thank you both very much it as worked , Phew!!

You are right you have to say the reason for going back, and they then tell you all info is on new tree when you are ready to changeback to new tree. So i am assuming in time like Genes did they will also change for good
But it looked confusing, and i need time. but if you have that trouble every time you want to have a go on the new tree then i,m never going to get used to it !

Anyway for now i am happy
regards Flo

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Aug 2015 17:56

I don't have a tree on there but seems the main problem being mentioned is with the place name formatting which is attaching US places to British born.. that has always been a problem I think but seems to be more so now. eg Rochester Kent changing to Rochester New York.

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 7 Aug 2015 18:13

I have the same issue, so have gone back to the old one for now. I commented that this was the only issue I have with it, hopefully it will be corrected as I love the biography aspect.

Thank you Rose for the info on changing back.......I was as confused as Flo :-)