General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry deal from 2015 still works

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 11 Mar 2016 14:38

Joonie Cloonie posted the following on 12/10/2015 and I used it two days ago.
................................................................................

"one of my free accounts at Ancestry has received a special offer:

World Deluxe membership on special offer at ancestry.ca for Canadian Thanksgiving

++++++++++++++

*40% off World Deluxe Annual Membership offer price: $179.88—valid until October 12, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET
. Annual memberships will be billed in one payment. Offers available for new subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Your membership will automatically renew at the end of each membership period and your chosen method of payment will be charged $299.88 at that time, unless you are notified otherwise. If you don’t want to renew, cancel at least 2 days before your renewal date

++++++++++++++

midnight Eastern Time (Canada) Monday = 5 a.m. Tuesday so 10 hours left %3A-%29

>>> 180 CAD = 90 GBP

current worldwide price at ancestry.co.uk is £179.99

>>> so this offer is HALF PRICE for UK subscribers.

https://secure.ancestry.ca/Subscribe/Signup/Register/O-24217?rtype=11&flowId=11&o_xid=67792&o_lid=67792&o_sch=Email%20-%20Campaigns

then decline the offer to continue to ancestry.co.uk if you get it and continue to ancestry.ca for the details"

Below is a copy of my current subscription
Subscriptions
World Deluxe Membership
Started 10 March 2016
Ends on 10 March 2017
Billing cycle Annual

I paid 215.86 canadian dollars which included tax. It was paid with an english debit card in sterling which was equal to £113.11. I have checked my bank statement. Had I paid though .co.uk I would have paid £179.99 so a saving of £66.88.

I emailed Ancestry when my .co.uk World membership came up for renewal last week. I stated that I had been a member since January 2004 and thought that it was too expensive now. They replied confirming that my membership would be cancelled on the date it expired. They did not offer me any kind of discount to stay with them

Wendy

**** I will copy and paste this to the Genealogy Chat board just in case it can be of help to anyone else

Wendy