General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The clock...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 12 Apr 2016 05:38

We bought a travel alarm clock in 1987... it's been halfway around the world with us, gave us the time in lots of countries, and it also gave us the time "at home".

When we returned home after the clock buying trip, I asked Himself where the instruction book was........ typical male....... he said "we don't need it". To this day, he doesn't know how to change anything on that clock........ I spent hours working it out.

Yesterday I took the clock to the jeweller to get a new battery, and I forgot to tell him NOT to mess about with the buttons, it would/should reset itself to what was already there.

The jeweller told me he made sure the time was right, but wasn't sure about anything else. Oh Dear.

When I got home, I looked at the clock..... the correct time of day, if we lived in Anchorage Alaska........ and home is in New Zealand.

It also said the date was Sunday 1 December 1985.

And the alarm was set.

I had it set to a 24 hour clock, he changed it to 12.

:-(

I've got the date, month & year right, but can't be bothered changing the place......... and I can't remember how to switch the alarm off!!!!

Don't even suggest googling for it........ I already tried that.

:-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 12 Apr 2016 08:32

My husband had a very technical job and he always says

RTFM.

Read The Flipping (or words to that effect) Manual. :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 12 Apr 2016 09:45

If I want to hide something from Himself, I hide it in the manuals drawer (which contains manuals I have saved, and rescued from the bin!).

The clock was bought in Hong Kong......... we went 'home", which at that time was in Minnesota.... five years after that we returned to Oz........ and left again four years after that!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 12 Apr 2016 11:54

"if in doubt, read the instructions...."

yeah bin there done that!!!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 12 Apr 2016 12:12

Like I said (above) the instructions were left in Hong Kong!

:-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Apr 2016 14:10

Our travelling alarm clock, although not as fancy as yours, tells the temperature and suggests what the weather will be or is based on the humidity levels.
We also have lost the instructions. Its just as well we don't take it overseas. It only tells the correct UK time 6 months of the year. :-(

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 12 Apr 2016 15:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80hCTywP8Xs

Poor lad he didn't have a traveling alarm clock :-(