General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well that's another thing gone

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Jun 2016 13:37

Hubby had two mobility scooters .A big one and a smaller one bought last year that I could handle the taking apart and put in the car

The big one is in the garage but the smaller one has been sitting in the garden ,chained up for security , and under a waterproof cover.

Hubby only used it at the most 6 times and it is as new condition

Family have been saying to me to sell them and get some money back as well as freeing up space . Grandaughter put the small one on eBay at reserve £150 and there has been a bit of a bidding war on it , it's been sold and was collected today

The purchaser was well pleased with it said what good condition its in , he bought it for his uncle as a surprise as uncle struggles to even go to get his paper. said he takes 40 mins round trip to go to the local store that anyone else would do in 10 mins .

He hopes uncle will be pleased with it

I am happy it may be helping someone else, plus it's out of my garden !!! :-D

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 14 Jun 2016 13:56

Good news all round then Shirley.

I'm sure that you will get some pleasure knowing that the chair is being given a new lease of life and will be a treasured companion on many more journeys.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Jun 2016 14:57

I really hope his uncle will be pleased with it and find a new lease of life in getting around

I know my Michael would be happy to help someone else . He was such a quiet kind man , a bit staid and hanging on to his independence and difficult to accept his condition was getting worse .

We knew it was but hope rang eternal ,as the saying goes

Miss him so much but I know he would be OK moving his things along

Can hear him being pragmatic and saying well I can't use em

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 14 Jun 2016 15:30

Well done
for making somebody's life much easier hun xx :-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Jun 2016 00:16

Well done, Shirley, it's difficult 'removing' things, but you've made someone else's life easier - and what a lovely nephew that man had! :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 15 Jun 2016 00:44

Wonder If we could have a Genes-bay page...........I might've been interested in that one , Shirley......

Bob