General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Engine quiz

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Jul 2016 17:22

I have surprised myself today.

There is a quiz on the Daily Mail site about engines. It has forty questions and I got thirty-seven of them right.

One I would dispute because the exhaust gasses don't go directly to the tail pipe but maybe they di in America but I am still amazed at how much I remember. Probably because I have had nothing to think about for forty years.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Jul 2016 19:53

Well Done!! :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Jul 2016 00:41

Amazing what we can dredge up from our brains, Sharron. I did German at school but rarely needed it since yet can recite a poem in German like it was yesterday lol

If you don't use it, you lose it

Lizxx

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 21 Jul 2016 00:51

spoil sport Sharron, ....whats the link?

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Jul 2016 01:18

I might have got 37 out of 40 for an engine quiz but the link is far too hard for me.

Go on the Daily Mail site and it is one of those pictures at the bottom.

David

David Report 21 Jul 2016 07:05

Had a look in the DM but couldn't find the quiz. Good score though Sharron :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Jul 2016 09:12

It is on my Facebook timeline and it looks like it is on something called ZOO.COM

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 21 Jul 2016 09:18

Thanks, Sharron!!!

(I looked tbere, also(DM) and couldnt find it!!

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Jul 2016 10:36

I have Googled 'engine quiz' Zoo Engine Quiz was suggested. I clicked on that and there it was.

Other engine quizzes are also available.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Jul 2016 11:10

????

https://www.zoo.com/quiz/car-engine-quiz

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Jul 2016 11:15

Thank you.

I might have scored 37, and I know everybody else will do a full house, on that one but I would score -37 on IT.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Jul 2016 11:53

22/40 and most of those were guesses. Brings back memories of vacant looks when OH used to talk about mending his old banger.

David

David Report 21 Jul 2016 18:53

Thank you for posting that quiz I scored 33/40