General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OMG What do you think???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 24 Jul 2016 19:43

That’s all I needed!!!! ??????...I just got back home to find four Police Officers in my house looking for something, acting like lunatics!!!!! Even searching through my underwear drawers which was rather embarrassing!!! ????They checked under the air-conditioner and inside my bed mattress tearing it apart!! When I asked if they had a search warrant, they answered completely hysterically: "Where did you hide it?? We know it's here somewhere!!"
Then I watched one of the Police officers look at his mobile phone and then he shouted: " Stop it! We are in the wrong house!!!! The Pokémon is next door!!!"

I THINK THIS POKAMAN THING IS GETTING A BIT SILLY
What do you think???? ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 24 Jul 2016 19:45

:-D :-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Jul 2016 20:03

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 24 Jul 2016 20:10

Everybody seams to be Mobile phone or Tablet in hand

Looking for them :-( :-( :-(

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 24 Jul 2016 20:17

You thilly thod!!

:-D :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jul 2016 20:27

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 25 Jul 2016 00:03

I don't get it?
My 2 daughters haven't actually left the house yet and were able to locate 4 Pokemon on my sofa.
They tried to explain about GPS and "something" that can locate nearby characters bringing them closer the phone.
I don't understand a word if it!

:-D :-D :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 25 Jul 2016 00:57

Nor me. Phone in hand head down chuntering away

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 25 Jul 2016 01:13

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 25 Jul 2016 10:29

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Natalie

Natalie Report 27 Jul 2016 10:07

I got worried reading this until the end. I am a Pokemon go player and think its a great thing! gets people out just need to be aware of where they are going from time to time.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Jul 2016 10:22

If it gets youngsters out of the house, it can only be a good thing. Obviously, all users should be aware of their surroundings and preferably be with someone else. You could look upon it as a young persons version of Geocaching but without having to solve clues.

We haven't noticed anyone playing this game, but then its not unusual to see teenagers and others welded to a mobile phone!

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 3 Aug 2016 17:39

Me, OH and daughter No3 spent last Thurs-Sun in London.
Our daughter was sealed to her phone for most of our break... Pokemon GO !

We had tickets for Harry Potter And The Cursed Child on Thurs and Fri evening, the last of the preview shows before the official opening on Saturday
As soon as we left the theatre, she was back on her phone catching Pokemon and for the rest of our trip.
( See my Avi)

Heaven help us if Niantic ever make Harry Potter GO