General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Children of ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Aug 2016 18:22

Does anyone know of a search that can be used to find all the children of a birth mother?

greyghost

greyghost Report 24 Aug 2016 19:02

Welcome to the boards Dawn.

It would be best to keep your question to one board so that replies and research aren't duplicated by members trying to help

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1361752

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 24 Aug 2016 20:47

yes, it is fairly easy using FreeBMD so long as the births are after 1911

If the name is something like Smith or Jones you will need some supporting info such as approx dates, location.
Just leave the field for father's name blank but enter the woman's maiden name. Also try alternative spellings eg Mays Mayes.
Then enter dates, geographical info as far as you have them.

The results can be very interesting.

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Aug 2016 16:31

Cheer Rollo, will let you know and keep you updated.
PS It's a half sister that I am looking for who was apparently adopted out ie my mum gave birth to her prior to meeting/marrying my Dad