General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

british newspaper archive

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanne

Joanne Report 25 Aug 2016 00:24

hi does anyone know why my newspaper articles are not loading to view?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Aug 2016 08:35

Welcome to the boards Joanne.

Are you still having trouble? If so, can you post a search result review and your search parameters? That way someone with an appropriate sub can see if they encounter the same failure.

If you'd previously accessed the articles purchased by credits or a higher level subscription, you may have to pay again.

Joanne

Joanne Report 25 Aug 2016 09:35

hi, I have purchased an add on of British newspaper archives and when I click on them they don't open. my subscription is paid until 2nd Jan 2017. I pai an extra £20 last night to add this option on. I don't know where to contact the team at all, the site is awful for help.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Aug 2016 09:50

In that case, say what you were trying to find and post the preview of the search result. Someone with the same access can check it out for you. Primarily that suggestion is to see if they have the same problem.
GR gets its records from its sister site, Findmypast. Sometimes the link is 'broken'.

To contact GR, the email address is
[email protected]

They aim to reply within 3 working days. If you emailed today, you may not get a reply until after the bank holiday

Joanne

Joanne Report 25 Aug 2016 10:07

okay thank you. i've sent a message to them. the link i'm trying is
Lancashire Evening Post Lancashire, England
27 Mar 1926

IN MEMORIAM
1925. —From all at 55, Burrow, road. JERVIS.—In treasured memory our dear lather, GEORGE JERVIS, who died March 27th. 1922. Loving memories linger still.” —From his affectionate Wife, Son and Daugbiter-in-Law, George and Mary, and four Grandchildren. KAY

View article Type: Article

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Aug 2016 10:32

I've used a credit - don't worry, they were free!

The page opened, so why knows why it didn't for you!

As I don't want to print and can't down load, I've taken a screen shot and will send by PM. Lookout for a number appearing next to the Message button at the top of the page.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Aug 2016 10:41

Actually - the image I sent was from 1925.
Having tried again - the 1926 did open for me.

Have downloaded from FMP and will send

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 25 Aug 2016 19:53

It doesn't work for me either...never has.....I am on an iPad.