General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Regrets

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JustJean

JustJean Report 30 Aug 2016 10:08

looking back over the years I regretted many things , here are a few, not losing weight when I had a chance, I would have liked to meet some of the people on here, my biggest regret uptodate is falling down the stairs and ending up needing care....

not alot I can do about any of them.... whats your regrets.... :-( :-( :-(

Island

Island Report 30 Aug 2016 10:17

Biggest regret would be not dragging my mother out of fairyland and into the real world.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Aug 2016 10:37

Many, but we can't turn back the clock.

Possible the most recent one is stepping in to make decisions for my father. He seemed to 'give up' and defer from that point. It would still have happened, but a delay may have given him another couple of months of independence.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 30 Aug 2016 10:52

Too many from the past to list on here :-( :-( :-(. . But life is really rosy now :-D :-D :-D

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Aug 2016 11:09

Putting a lot of weight on in the first place. I'm starting to lose it now but I've got saggy flesh everywhere!!

Not learning to drive - it would make things so much easier now.

Not being interested in family history when I was much younger when there were still people around who could have given me information about the past.

Kath. x

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Aug 2016 11:53

not telling my mother in law she was an evil cow or my father in law he was a brute and a bully

JustJean

JustJean Report 30 Aug 2016 13:12

I too regret not keeping up with my driving, or learning how to swim,holding grudges, too late to say sorry...losing a lovely friendship by saying the wrong thing, that does make me very sad....

Sharron

Sharron Report 30 Aug 2016 15:36

Hitting that bloke, not taking the test after I had the HGV lessons, not screwing around more in my youth.

Most of my life was shaped by having to operate around a mad woman and, like Island, I couldn't ever drag her into reality so i just dedicated my life to making things as hard for her as she made them for me so, while I regret ever having been born to her, I don't regret the way I dealt with it.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Aug 2016 15:51

I haven't had a perfect life (who has?) But I have had a happy life. I also don't have any real regrets, maybe a few bad decisions that if I went back I wouldn't make again, but they are just part of the tapestry of my life. Jean you can't really regret things like the accident you didn't make it happen and you have dealt with it well. I do have something that bothers me that is not a regret but more of a wish. I wish I was a more confidant and happy driver. I know I don't make the most of my ability to drive, my nerves get the better of me. Thankfully I don't hold grudges, I have always held life is too short. That is not to say I am angelic, by no means I forgive and get on with things but I don't forget.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 30 Aug 2016 16:35

My biggest regret is something over which I had no control at all and that is my parents' divorce. I stayed with Dad, my sister went to live with Granny and my brother went with Mum.

I sometimes wonder what life would have been like if we had all stayed together.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 30 Aug 2016 17:00

I regret that I didn't take a different career path - having said that, I didn't really know what I wanted to do at the time anyway!

Sharron

Sharron Report 30 Aug 2016 17:04

I still don't know and it is too late now.

Island

Island Report 30 Aug 2016 17:20

Ah Sheila....a different career path. I am certain I would have been ace in the career that, looking back and seeing all the clues, I ought to have been pointed towards. I did ok in the one I followed and I was/am good at it but the other career might have been more satisfying.
I wouldn't say this was a regret though because the choice just wasn't there.