General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wallets

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 30 Aug 2016 13:48

Just wondering what others thought?

Would anyone ever consider a wallet with two zips on the outside a mans or would that be considered female? I have seen a wallet in a men's section with two zips that I love for Mr Owls birthday and wondered what others thought.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 30 Aug 2016 14:43

As long as you get him a handbag to match......that will be lovely.

Only joking. :-D

Island

Island Report 30 Aug 2016 14:49

Prickles :-D :-D

I must say I've never thought of zips on anything determining gender.

I've always assumed, although not a great deal of thought, that men had wallets and ladies had purses - unless you are outside the UK of course.

Why do you think two zips might be considered female Tawny? I'm intrigued. :-)

Tawny

Tawny Report 30 Aug 2016 15:07

I think the look of the wallet doesn't help either. Though I guess not an overly feminine look.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Aug 2016 15:54

It probably depends on your Mr Owl. you know him best does he regard some things as feminine? rather than masculine?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Aug 2016 16:24

Was it online or in a shop? If it was online could you post a link so we can see it, although if it was in the men's section then I'm sure it will be alright.

I have seen wallets with one zip round the edge but never two.

Kath. x

Tawny

Tawny Report 30 Aug 2016 17:23

It was online but I can't post a link from my phone. He has asked for a new wallet but won't let me see the old one as it's from his ex and he doesn't want to make me uncomfortable as it contains a printed message from her so I have nothing to give me an idea.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Aug 2016 17:53

Does it need to be flat to fit in a back pocket? If the zipped sections have gussets, would it be too bulky?

Tawny

Tawny Report 30 Aug 2016 18:13

All it gives for size is 11cm by 12cm or around 5.5" by 6" and it's 0.5cm deep

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 30 Aug 2016 19:06

where does HE keep his wallet?

The wallets I buy for my OH are always just folding ones, usually into half as those are flatter, with a section for bank notes, and as many credit card slots as I can find.

OH keeps his wallet usually in his back pocket, and sometimes in the inside pocket of his jacket if he's wearing one, or in the fanny pack (???bum bag) that he wears during the day ................. he usually doesn't wear jackets unless we're going out, and the fanny pack (male style) holds things like keys, fare cards, etc etc.

If your guy keeps his wallet in a front trouser pocket, then you want to look for a specially shaped one

What are the 2 zipped pockets intended to hold? Can you tell? If for coins, I would say not a good idea.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 31 Aug 2016 12:15

well, MY 5x4 inch wallet has two zips, inside, with a foldover button thingy to hold it closed.
there is a long compartment presumably to hold £50 notes(lol)this has a zip on the top edge, and another,on the left side,vertically beneath the credit card slots in which I keep my firstclass stamps.
on the opposite side is a popper pouch. for my little membership cards or
whatever floats your boat, really...........
Bob

Tawny

Tawny Report 31 Aug 2016 13:56

Thank you all for replying. If I can get access to the computer later I'll try and post a link.

Dermot

Dermot Report 31 Aug 2016 15:05

Never judge a man by the quality of his clutch bag.

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 31 Aug 2016 16:43

My wallet (looks pretty sexless to me) has one outside zip pocket which usefully fits my phone - small one mind, not a smartphone