General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

She's coming back.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Sep 2016 15:59

It has been a long time but I think Sharron is finally coming back.

I am sure you all know that I have been hiding behind the sofa, so to speak, for a very long time now but I am finally starting to get on with things.

Things that have seemed too overwhelming for me to tackle are happening a bit now and I can sometimes have a bath without sleeping for over an hour.

We have been to get passport pictures done but I did come straight home afterwards, no café or anything, so there is a chance we might now get to use the money that was so kindly collected for the purpose I think it was meant. I thank you all again for that, it meant so much to me.

Actually, this is the first time I have really wanted to be away from home for a night as I have not had one away from here for ten years. On Monday, after I have had my head shaved, we are planning to go to Lancashire for a night. My reward for the deed will be to buy a bit more patchwork fabric, I don't want anything else, and then come home by any route that takes our fancy.

Who knows, I might even do some of the driving. I have not driven much over the last couple of years but yesterday, OH, who is a voluntary mini-bus driver, took a group of U3A members to Porchester Castle and I drove there to meet him and go in the pub for lunch. Not been that far for ages. I made a summer pudding when I came back as well.

Today I have cleared AND polished the desk, things are getting done, a bit more every day. The days of OH coming in to a bowl of spuds in the sink with one half peeled and me in the corner of the sofa,hiding, are gone, I hope!

At last, the world has stopped being quite as dark, Sharron is coming back!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Sep 2016 16:35

Wow Sharron, wonderful to hear, so very well done. your post is actually bubbling with enthusiasm. Just started the U3A in our village and so far have enjoyed what we have been to, garden visit, and today a 4.5 mile walk. Great for meeting new people. Haven't heard if we have a volunteer mini bus driver as so far we are driving ourselves around. I used to love Portchester Castle, not been there for years.

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Sep 2016 16:51

It is our villages community mini-bus but they are in the next village and can use it for that sort of thing as long as they pay for the petrol.

I have toyed with the idea of joining and now I think I might. I couldn't do a walk like that at the moment because I have been inert for so long, I need to get moving again but there are other things on offer at this one.

Dunno abut bubbling with enthusiasm. We are having to have a take-away for tea tonight because I couldn't think what to do for tea but I am pointing the right way now I think!

The pub in Porchester has come on a lot since we last went in it, we were working that time.

Caroline

Caroline Report 6 Sep 2016 18:53

My mum loves the U3A, made lots of new friends. There's no limit to the different things you can do as long as others want to do it too, and doesn't cost a fortune.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Sep 2016 19:32

great news, Sharron xx

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 6 Sep 2016 20:30

Welcome back Sharron keep up the good work <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 6 Sep 2016 21:22

.............Wonders which pub Sharron visited.

I haven't been back to Portchester for a while, but really like visiting the older part near the castle.

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Sep 2016 21:33

The Cormorant.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 6 Sep 2016 21:41

I know it well...........

Great to hear that you are making so much progress and I hope you enjoy your visit north and meanders back home again.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 7 Sep 2016 04:49

Well done, Sharron, welcome back!

Lizxx