General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alan

Alan Report 16 Nov 2016 10:12

Could some one please tell me whats happening on Ancestry this morning. Trying to look at a census or marriage etc all I get is:-

This interactive.ancestry.co.uk page can’t be found

No webpage was found for the web address: http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/1623/31280_197566-00107?pid=6795238&backurl=//search.ancestry.co.uk//cgi-bin/sse.dll?
and loads more of this.

Alan.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 16 Nov 2016 10:32

Ooooeerrr Alan, I'm in Ancestry but don't have a problem. Could be something that has just happened.

If you continue to have the problem contact Ancestry Support on 08004049723 to see if there is a known problem or it they can advise

Hope this helps.... :-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 16 Nov 2016 10:33

I was on then and just gone back to see if it's still OK. I am on Google Chrome Alan.

I have had no problems except the way I keep having to plough through American states to get to British selections :-(. I do put in the area where I can but that's often ignored.

:-)

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 16 Nov 2016 10:38

PiC you've most probably tried this but just in case have you tried changing the Collection to UK..it sounds as if it might be on United States :-)

Alan

Alan Report 16 Nov 2016 10:42

Still got the problem. I am on Google Chrome.

I will give Ancestry a ring later as I have to go out.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 16 Nov 2016 10:53

I have done Londonbelle and have complained to them about searches. I am on the UK site .

The last time I complained about searches I searched for a gentleman with an very unusual first name with a surname not so unusual but in no ways as common as Smith. I put in his DOB and his hometown, I found him on the 4th page of names, most nowhere near the first name just had the same surname. Listed with the name his DOB and his hometown as I had put in.

I did try just the name and no other info, still on the same page. Found if you put too much info you get not found.

Their only suggestion - use the search on the top line not the 1 related to the person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-S

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 16 Nov 2016 10:57

Ooooeerr, PiC :-S

wisechild

wisechild Report 16 Nov 2016 11:30

I keep getting a message that Ancestry can't find the page.
Also have similar problems to Pat in Cyprus.
I am in Menorca & have put it down to the stormy weather we are having affecting the internet connection, which is temperamental at the best of times, but the connection doesn't seem to affect anything else.
Have decided it must be Ancestry. :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Nov 2016 11:48

Are things back to normal for you Alan? Your link works fine for me & opens the image of a PR marriage.

Alan

Alan Report 16 Nov 2016 12:04

Hello +++DetEcTive+++

I have just tried to see this on the 1837-1915 Birth Index

NAME: Harriet Martha Barry
BIRTH: Jul 1850 - Pancras, London

Click on view and get this.
No webpage was found for the web address: http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/1623/31280_197566-00107? Etc

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 16 Nov 2016 12:33

Your links are opening for me (Chrome).

Ancestry do have problems some days with 'we are unable to'...whatever! please refresh or try later.

They also manage to 'eat' my saved data some weeks which is very irritating.

I'd would try logging out and back in first.

Sue

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 16 Nov 2016 12:33

Alan, I've just accessed the image with no problem

Born 9 Jul 1850
Parents Joseph & Harriet

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 16 Nov 2016 12:35

That was always the advice of my It Dept, supercrutch :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Nov 2016 12:48

That's really weird as the link Alan posted at 12:04 goes to Harriet Martha Barry's 1894 marriage. :-S

My link - http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/1623/31280_197566-00107? - is the same as the one he posted

Alan

Alan Report 16 Nov 2016 13:08

Hello Londonbelle.
The image you show Born 9 Jul 1850 Parents Joseph & Harriet if for England, Select Births and Christenings, 1538-1975 not the Birth Index.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 16 Nov 2016 13:32

Sorry, that was indeed her Baptism on 09 Oct 1950 which has her birth date on it.

However, I've just accessed the Birth Registration Index and again got through to the image with no problem

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 16 Nov 2016 14:02

Hi Alan, I had a similar problem - happening with increasing frequency, and contacted Ancestry on FB.

This is their response:

Hello, Lynda, we are sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused. We are currently aware of the issue, and have a work around.

In the web address, there is point, "&backurl=" in the web address. Once you find this, everything from that point can be deleted. This will allow you to view the record.

A faff but it worked for me lol. Hope they get it sorted properly soon ;-)

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 16 Nov 2016 14:04

Last night bizarre things were happening on Ancestry for me.
I had the unavailable web page too.

Birth, death and marriage indexes that I already have attached to individuals opened up totally random records when clicked.

Also census data.
By clicking on a single individual within a household also opened really crazy stuff.
I clicked on a child on a Scottish record ( to clarify place of birth) and I was given an enormous list of French looking names .
It wasn't a household from a census that opened, just a long list of names ??

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 16 Nov 2016 16:38

I've just got it as well. :-(

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Nov 2016 21:08

I just got in with no problem. Looked for my dad's baptism. Opened it with no problem

Should we blame the super moon????????? :-D