General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fred?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Nov 2016 13:56

Just looked up to see a robin sitting in the bush outside the window and looking in. There was a robin in the church hall when we went back from Fred's cremation.

I wonder if it was him come to see what I am up to.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 19 Nov 2016 14:41

You could always put a sausage sandwich on the bird feeder to see if he eats it.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 19 Nov 2016 15:04

:-D :-D :-D :-

My 25yr old niece has noticed 2 wee robins since she was a tiny tot.
Even then, she said they were her grandpa and her uncle
She was born just after her grandfather died.
Her uncle ( the man' son) died a few months later.

A couple of years ago, her friend was amazed at 2 little robins hopping about near to where they were sitting.
My niece thought nothing of it and old her friend who the robins were and that they are around her often.
The girl was astounded because she had never seen a robin before.

My niece and her Aussie friend were in NSW Australia where they both still live.

<3 <3 <3

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 19 Nov 2016 23:03

Both my mum and dad liked robins. I have seen one every day in either our front or back garden for a while now. I always say its mum or dad. My parents both died in October ( different years). Last month I came in from the garden, walked into the kitchen and there sat a little robin on my laundry basket. :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 20 Nov 2016 03:43

How lovely, Sylvia.

Sharron, I am sure it was Fred, bless him

I love robins, we usually have one or two around in the garden

Lizxx