General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Strange Bedfellows.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 26 Nov 2016 22:15

OH is housesitting for my daughter for the next couple of days.

After celebrating my freedom in my usual manner, I forgot to check the Guinea Pig's cage before I went to bed.

I should explain that the cage is out in the back garden and during the day GP wanders around the garden helping herself to whatever delicacies are to hand; she especially enjoys rose petals. She normally puts herself back in the cage before dark

Up at my usual early time and went out to water the garden. Cage wide open and no sign of Miss Pig.

OH came back home to pick up a few extra things before returning to our daughter's place.

I asked her to check on Miss Pig, and next thing there was a scream and OH urgently urging (nice alliteration there) me out to the cage.

I was wondering whether to stop and collect a shovel as I thought that another burial was immanent.

There, in the cage was a massive bob-tailed lizard which was immediately removed. Saw some movement under the blankets, move them, and there, side by side, was Miss Pig and ANOTHER large bob-tail. This was also removed and Miss Pin nonchalantly walked out of the cage.

Whilst checking on the Pig's dry food, it was also obvious that this was being shared by a mouse or mice.

What a world! :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Nov 2016 22:37

Are you sure they aren't Miss Pig's best friends, that she met in the garden?
They appear to eat the same food. :-D

Allan

Allan Report 26 Nov 2016 22:48

Maggie, she's probably running a B&B, I'd hate to think of the alternative ;-) :-D

She would almost certainly have run across them in the Garden and you're correct about the food. Apart from the dry food and what she forages, we feed her with celery, carrot and apple.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 26 Nov 2016 22:53

I quite fancy the idea of a Strange Bedfellow.

As long as he doesn't nibble on my Porky Scratchings.

;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Nov 2016 22:54

PH!! :-0

Allan

Allan Report 26 Nov 2016 23:03

Tuts @ PH :-D :-D :-D