General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

'Royle Family' actress Liz Smith dies.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 26 Dec 2016 23:20

Actress Liz Smith, who played "Nana" in the Royle Family and Mrs Cropley in the Vicar of Dibley, has died aged 95.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38440648

R I P Liz <3

Linda

Linda Report 26 Dec 2016 23:53

Just heard about Liz Smith very funny actress one more we've lost horrible year

RIP Liz Smith <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Dec 2016 00:45

On Thursday evening I watched the repeat of a Royle Family episode showing her in bed, very frail, and then her death and funeral. Rather strange that her real death followed so soon. Rest in peace, Liz, immortalised in tv programmes so never forgotten. Reunited with her screen granddaughter, played by Caroline Aherne

Lizx

Barbra

Barbra Report 27 Dec 2016 02:12

Brilliant Actress loved her in Vicar of Dibley & the Royle Family .RIP Liz .x

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 27 Dec 2016 08:31

Loved all she did, such a wonderful comedy actress. Wonder what concoctions she'll be making now, Marmite frosting for cakes like Letitia Cropley in the Vicar of Dibley

RIP Liz

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Dec 2016 12:55

loved her in "A Private Function" - she won an award for that - brilliant actress!!

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 27 Dec 2016 19:21

She was brilliant as Mrs Brandon, in "I didn't know you cared". Why is this never mentioned? It is a disgrace that she never received a Knighthood.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 28 Dec 2016 09:43

I loved her as Annie Brandon - brilliant with Uncles Mort and Staveley - I heard that pardon. :-D

Enjoyed so many of her rolls.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 28 Dec 2016 19:20

I remember her as Annie Brandon as I have not watched other programmes. She was also in the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory which I watched on tv yesterday with my Grandchildren.

Fantastic funny lady R I P Liz <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Dec 2016 23:14

I was trying to remember what the programme with Mort and Staveley was called.

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 29 Dec 2016 19:22

Geoffrey Hughes died in 2012.