General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Witness for the Prosecution BBC 2016

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 29 Dec 2016 13:06

Did anyone else see this on the BBC (over 2 nights) ?

Have you seen the original Film.?

Would like to know your thoughts about this version.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Dec 2016 13:17

recorded it but not seen it yet!!

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 29 Dec 2016 14:42

Oh what's it's about?

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 29 Dec 2016 15:23

I gave up halfway through the first part as it was soooooo dark and gloomy but I have read the story {Agatha Christie}

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 29 Dec 2016 15:33

I watched it to found it hard to follow at first :-(

magpie

magpie Report 29 Dec 2016 16:33

First time I've seen it and thought it was brilliant, and what a twist at the end!

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 29 Dec 2016 17:58

I recorded it and have just finished watching the second part. I almost gave up after about half an hour into the first part as it was difficult to understand but decided to stay with it - and I'm glad I did. It was very good and as magpie says, the twist at the end wasn't expected as I hadn't read the book.

Kath. x

Annx

Annx Report 29 Dec 2016 18:14

We enjoyed it and I had read the book decades ago but had forgotten the ending!

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 30 Dec 2016 06:14

I enjoyed it but prefer the film version with Marlene Dietrich.

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 30 Dec 2016 14:01

I loved the film Version with Tyrone Power & Marlene Dietrich - it wasn't so dark & had fun bits too, with Charles Laughton & Elsa Lanchester.

i also saw the Deborah Kerr version & read the book.

I agree it was good but so very different from the original film & book. - had to sit through it just to see how they changed the ending. I wouldn't watch this one again. It was very moodily filmed & didn't need the "Bedroom scenes" wasn't even part of the original plot. & could easily have been made an hour long.

I think the person who re-writes these (like last year) tends to add her own bits to the story to make it longer, darker and a sex scene or 2 for this new century rather than the innocent days of the late 40's/50'w when it was written.

Would love to know how i offend Rollo for him to be RR'd - it wasn't me as i never saw his post. I apologies now if my original notes were upsetting to him. I didn't think it would upset anyone if I just asked for thoughts on a TV programe.

Appreciate everyone's messages.

Happy New Year