General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER BOKO

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 24 Jan 2017 15:40

Does anyone remember BOKO she was one of two conjoined twins born in the 50s her sister died at the time the was a lot of black dolls called BOKO I was just wondering if anyone on here remembers them I had one but I was only three

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Jan 2017 15:47

I put a thread on here about this years ago because I had a pair of black dolls called Boko and whatever the other one was called.

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Jan 2017 16:07

Boko and Tomo Davies.

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 24 Jan 2017 16:57

In 1953 twins Wariboko and Tamunotonye Davies known as “Boko” and “Tomo” were born in Kano Nigeria. They were conjoined twin girls - or as they were called at that time “Siamese Twins”. The baby sisters were brought to England and taken to The Hammersmith Hospital in London, where they had an operation to separate them. Sadly only one of the babies survived her full Nigerian name was “Wariboko”, meaning “She who will bring her parents greatness” and her name had already been shortened to “Boko”

Sylvia

Linda

Linda Report 24 Jan 2017 17:59

It brought to my mind because I was asked to sign a petition on line because toys r is do sell black or brown dolls l hope moe people will remember her