General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shadow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Apr 2017 12:35

All winter we have had the cat flap wedged open to accommodate that feral cat I feed so the through door has been closed all evening and I have not seen him.

Last night was the first time we have not closed that door and I was able to see the cat, we call him Shadow. He is gorgeous now, big and fluffy with a magnificent tail.

I really wish he would come in to stay but I don't think it very likely now. He really belongs to the man across the road who caught him and his mother, after I had a word with him about it, and had them seen to, but kind of gave up on him when the mother was run over and Shadow just wasn't around.

When the neighbour had told me they were his cats I closed my cat flap so they didn't come in and then, over a year later, after the mother had died, I looked up one summer evening and saw Shadow in the kitchen so I started feeding him again.

I think he must consider this as base but doesn't want to live here and who can blame him?

Caroline

Caroline Report 7 Apr 2017 12:47

What with all that door kicking and drain problem I don't blame him :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Apr 2017 12:49

Very true.

Caroline

Caroline Report 7 Apr 2017 12:52

You can be sure I never joke...I'm not funny :-D