General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PHOTOS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Augustus

Augustus Report 7 Jun 2017 21:37

HOW DO I INSTALL A PHOTO FROM MY KEEPSAFE TO MY TREE ?

Kense

Kense Report 8 Jun 2017 14:39

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/help/faqs?key=392

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 8 Jun 2017 14:44

Hi Augustus

This is how I do it!

If the desired photo is already uploaded to you Keepsafe....
Before you can use this photo on the tree, you will first need to "attach" the photo from your Keepsafe to the person on your tree.

Click on the photo.
An "Edit item" section will appear on the page with the photograph.

In the "my information" box start putting the name of the person you want to attach the photo to in the "Attached Relations" part.
A list of names will drop down - click on the name you want, then it will enter in that section.
Click on the green "Save Changes" button.
Your photo will now be attached to your family member of choice. This has to be done before you will be able to use it as an avatar photo on your tree.

Next
On your tree page, find the person whose photo you want to use as a profile picture.
At the right hand side of the tree page are 2 arrows- click on those and a Details section for that person will appear.
At the bottom of this section- click on the "View Full Profile" button.

This accesses the Profile Page for this person, usually on a different tab.
On the top left hand corner next to the person's name is a box where your desired profile photo will go.
Click on that, and it will take you to a page where all photos and documents that are attached to this person will be.
Hover your mouse over the desired photo- three boxes will appear at the top of this photo.
Click on the centre box "Set Profile Photo".
The photo will appear with a means of adjusting the part of the photo you want to appear for your profile photo.
When you are happy with the look of your profile photo.
Click on the "Set Profile" Box on the bottom left.

This should now appear in the profile photo on the top of your chosen person's profile page.

It will then automatically upload to your tree. Sometimes this takes a short time though.

I hope this helps.

Jem :-)