General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

So gave way and got a partial denture

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Nov 2022 15:14

Age and chemo caused me to have several teeth break that needed stump removal

Three were back teeth so not too much a problem on eating or smiling but then disaster just as was having my surgery in dec a top eye tooth shattered leaving an awkward shape stump and sharp edge which the dentist filed down

I have hated smiling and showing gaps

Maybe a bit sensitive but nevertheless not what I want to present

Soo having now has a long overdue dental check and hygienist clean it was omg I have 7 fillings caused I,m told by the effects of chemo

A chat with the dentist on hate the top gaps was well a partial denture can fill all the gaps and cheaper than doing a single tooth refit

Today I got the partial and it’s nice to smile again even if my mouth feels invaded .

Told give it two weeks to settle in and come back if any problems

I cooked a chicken chasseur last week with loads of veg and froze several portions so today was let’s try to eat

Did find it a problem deciding if too hot as couldn’t feel it till it hit the tongue and back palette but I did enjoy my lunch

The partial seems to settling down and feeling less invasive but now it’s getting it out again tonight as dentist said dentures need to be out overnight

I already have a small lower partial and it’s comfy and spends its time overnight soaking in water with a denture tab

Dentist did suggest on getting up to clean the teeth and dentures and put in

I tend not to till I have showered which could be several hours after I get up

Soo for now I am ok with the decision to get another partial even though it’s more vanity than an essential :-D