General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The COOKIES pop up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Oz Mozz

Oz Mozz Report 30 Mar 2023 09:01

every time I open a page here, the cookies info pops up!! It is SUPER painful as I have done "That's Fine" after reviewing my cookie choices (though I would much prefer 70% choc chip which isn't an option unfortunately!) and it STILL pops up!

Any suggestions wise ones?

Cheers from Oz.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Mar 2023 09:26

Hi Oz Mozz, It is aggravating but I don't always log out of the site so only get it rarely. So have no idea how you can prevent it happening a lot

Nice to see you posting but, although I see you have been a member as long as I have I don't recognise the name. did you use to post under a different board name? Or maybe didn't visit the Chat board.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Mar 2023 15:11

Don't log out - assuming you're not using a public computer.

Google "block cookies pop-up" and you'll find lots of suggestions.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 2 Apr 2023 17:33

I always log out but only get the cookies pop-up the first time I log in after clearing my history. Have you perhaps got your computer set to clear your history (cookies, cache etc.) every day?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Jun 2023 10:10

Now it's happening to me!

I haven't changed any settings, or cleared history, but now it's asking me about settings every time I click any link on a GR page - extremely annoying!

OzMozz - did you find a solution to the problem?

EDIT:
Curiouser and curiouser!
It was doing it yesterday and the day before - and until I posted today - but now it's stopped.
I don't understand why, but am very relieved.