General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Genes discount codes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Apr 2023 12:54

My sub is up for renewal on 17 April. I have a platinum sub. So I googled to see if any discounts available and found 2 codes.
SAVE50 and PLAT75

But when i go to renew, there is nowhere to add this discount codes that i can see.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to use these codes please?

Thanks
Florence in the hebrides

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Apr 2023 23:54

I assume this is where you found the codes ??

https://www.shopper.com/voucher-codes/genesreunited-co-uk

That page says,
"2. Browse through the latest offer codes and click on 'Show Coupon Code' Genesreunited store page with the offer will open in a new tab."

But it doesn't.
It only allows you to click on "Get coupon", and doesn't take you to the GR site.

Perhaps you need to log on to the shopper.com site ??

EDIT:
No, that doesn't work. I can't see the codes at all when I log on.
It seems to be a site for promoting your business.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 16 Apr 2023 11:07

Morning AG, yes I tried all of what you had said but came to the same conclusion.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 16 Apr 2023 11:46

Would the code work in 'Redeem a gift voucher' on this site? :-)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Apr 2023 13:41

I think that only applies to GR gift vouchers bought for you by someone else, direct from GR - but worth a try!

ADDED:

"How do I redeem a gift voucher?
You can redeem your gift by clicking on 'Gifts' at the top of the site, on the 'Redeem your gift' link in the 'Subscription Gifts' box on your home page or by clicking here.
You'll need to enter the code you've been given by the person who purchased the gift for you. Once your gift has been activated, we'll send you an email letting you know what to do next.
You do need to be registered on the Genes site and logged into your registration before you can redeem your gift."
https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/help/faqs?key=447&searchterm=gift%20voucher

Florence61

Florence61 Report 16 Apr 2023 15:14

Thanks for that.

I may let it expire for a week or so. last time i did that a few years ago, they offered me a discount to renew. Anything worth a try to save a few pennies!