General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Memories ............

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 Apr 2023 23:34

All the time that I was making and then eating my lunch today, I kept thinking of Sharron, Fred and Grace

I was making a sausage sandwich :-D

except mine was a cold sausage, the remains of a very large one that I couldn't finish last night. I'm sure theirs were hot sausages.

Still I kept giggling (silently) as I remembered some of the things that Sharron used to post.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 28 Apr 2023 00:04

Ah yes the sausage sarnies, how could we forget Fred and Sharon and Grace.
Sharon's stories always brightened up the day <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Apr 2023 07:17

Sharron and her posts are much missed. <3
Wonder what she would say at the knowledge that her legacy was a sausafe sandwich?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 28 Apr 2023 08:03

I think she would say a lot :-D

I miss Sharon and her posts as well.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 28 Apr 2023 09:32

Yes, I miss her witty posts.

They even served sausage sandwiches after Fred's funeral :-D

I don't know if she actually ate sausage sandwiches, because of course she was a vegetarian.

I was thinking of her the other day, when looking at a cotton face flannel that had gone rather thin in places.
Sharron would recycle that in the compost bin, if it was past any other use. ;-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Apr 2023 10:16

Sharon and I message each other off the boards as we were kindred spirits in that I was caring for my hubby who had Alzheimer’s

We arranged for a meet up and she and her hubby were coming to Rainham in Kent to meet for lunch but at the last minute I had to cancel cos hubby wouldn’t come with me and I couldn’t leave him on his own

She understood and we said we will rearrange but sadly it didn’t happen

A big regret that we never actually met in person

Florence61

Florence61 Report 28 Apr 2023 10:33

I met up with Sharon and Graeme, Gwyn and her daughter for a lunch in a country pub a few years ago. Sharon gave me one of her hand made dishcloths which i use everyday and shall treasure.

I remember that wonderful quilt she made, took years, was fascinating looking at all the different pictures. So glad i did get to meet her and you Gwyn, was a lovely day even if we did get lost and turn up rather late :-D

Florence in the hebrides

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 28 Apr 2023 12:45

Like Shirley I was planning to meet up with Sharron. She wanted to come to Ipswich to see where the medieval battle cogs sailed from. At the time I couldn't arrange a date with her because my OH was very unwell and being called in for hospital appointments at very short notice. I had to be available to drive and assist him. This was in September 2021. Sharron said we would liaise at a later date and arrange to meet but sadly that date never came.

I still miss her posts and the many interests she wrote about.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 28 Apr 2023 14:24

I dearly miss Sharron too as we used to message each other as well as speaking on the boards. I loved her stories about Fred and her unique comments on everyday life.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Apr 2023 14:27

I was lucky enough to meet Sharron.
I caught a train, met her, then we went to the pub squeezed into her little 'Smart' car :-D

I've just been looking at the many messages Sharron and I sent to each other - she was hilarious!

Sharron was also making me a rag rug, but sadly died before finishing it.
A few of the messages were about her intention to use some old knickers on the rug - I had a few provisos :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 28 Apr 2023 14:29

:-D :-D :-D :-D@maggie

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 28 Apr 2023 21:15

I loved reading Sharron's posts, she had a really unique way of looking at things, and in talking about them.

Yes, very sadly missed <3 <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Apr 2023 21:51

Another one here who was going to meet with Sharron. I think she had relatives or friends in Cheltenham and we were going to meet the next time she visited them. Then Covid struck.