General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Suitcases.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 2 May 2023 15:34

How many does one person need? Hubby has 5 big ones and 3 cabin size ones, I have 2 big ones and one cabin size one.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 May 2023 16:12

Surely you can only use one of each at a time unless paying extra?

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 2 May 2023 17:12

You can have 2 0f the big ones to spread the weight of 35 kgs but only 1 cabin bag.

Island

Island Report 2 May 2023 17:23

3 for women and 8 for men
obviously LOL :-D :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 May 2023 18:48

So what on earth is in all his bags? lol he will have to repack surely?Why 3 cabin bags? Oh my :-D

he does know what the allowances are does he ZZzzz/

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 2 May 2023 18:59

Sorry Florence61 I meant he has that many not that he uses them all at the same time x.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 May 2023 23:23

Oh ZZZzzz that made me chuckle :-D :-D :-D :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 3 May 2023 07:21

That’s an awful lot for two of you, ZZzzz, but I expect they are used for breaks of various lengths.

It’s ammunition for me though as I can now tell my OH, when he complains about the amount of stuff I carry, that I am in the minor league compared to some!

Between us we have, and share:

one gigantic wheelie case but we have another ancient gigantic non-wheelie old leather case that is now used for storage in the loft;

one mid-sized wheelie case and another mid-size non-wheelie case (now used for storage in the loft);

one cabin-sized wheelie case;

three leather holdalls, one of which was a present to me so only used by me;

I also have a haversack/backpack that was a present and my OH has a couple of haversacks. These are easy to carry and slot in as cabin baggage too if necessary.

I can not bring myself to part with the cases in the loft because there is nothing wrong with them and the large leather one was a present from my parents almost fifty years ago. I would still use it but it is heavy when laden so difficult to carry. We did buy some wheels that folded which made it easier to use but with the advent of wheelie cases we decided to ‘retire’ the loft cases and use them for storage.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 3 May 2023 09:19

Joy,
I can well imagine just how heavy are your non-wheeled cases.
When I went away to college, I had to travel from Hampshire to South Wales and obviously had to pack everything to last the whole term... no easy car travel, I used to make my way by train.
The case was so heavy, but then we realised that I could send 'luggage in advance' and Dad could deliver my case to our local station and I would travel later that week and collect my case in Wales and get a taxi to college.
It worked well.... and nobody worried then about security issues.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 3 May 2023 09:49

I go to my friend in USA and Family in Australia for a month each visit on alternate years, so I use 2 cases and cabin bag and hand bag, the 2 big cases have things spread between them so I can manage them on my own.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 3 May 2023 16:49

I've been wondering how many wives a man with 5 suitcases might be needing to dispose of.

:-D :-D :-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 3 May 2023 17:09

JoonieClooie, do you mean dispose of the suitcases or the wives :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 May 2023 18:00

:-D :-D :-D

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 3 May 2023 18:31

Well ZZzzz (can I pronounce that "Zeds?") ...

I'd keep a close eye on his purchases and if another piece of luggage shows up, let us know whom to call if we don't hear from you!

Or if the suitcases start disappearing .......

;-)