General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mobility scooters.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 11 May 2023 21:18

Help please, does any one know how these things work, like should there be an indication as to how long the batteries will last or how many miles before before you run out of power? Thanks.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 11 May 2023 23:13

depends on your usage, there usually is a voltage gauge on the dashboard...a matter of trial and error...sometimes in hours left....

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 12 May 2023 08:12

Wouldn’t it also depend on the size of the scooter?

Have you tried googling the model?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 12 May 2023 09:36

year
yeah its horses fer courses, no two will be the same, also terrain will be a factor.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 May 2023 10:18

They have a gauge on the handles that shows how much is in the battery and when it goes down to half the colour differs

On my one it’s green above half and red below

Plus the handbook and product description will say how far it can go on a full battery

It’s depends too on the model and whether it’s a pavement or road one

Mine is a pride pavement scooter with a limit of 8 miles on a full charge

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 May 2023 23:44

I have no idea of the type of mobility scooter Dave up the road has, but he apparently goes to 'Homebase' on it.
The most direct route is 3 miles away, but that includes a by-pass, which he obviously couldn't go along.
The alternate route is over 4 miles each way.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 May 2023 07:07

Lots of useful information here:

https://ukcareguide.co.uk/best-mobility-scooter/

(But ignore all the annoying pop-up adverts!)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 13 May 2023 11:20

My neighbour has one and she says on the flat she can do 20 miles fully charged but if she goes uphill, that will drain the battery.

Florence in the hebrides

BrianW

BrianW Report 13 May 2023 19:46

Also depends on the battery condition.
My daughter only uses hers occasionally and the battery has deteriorated from lack of use even though it is on a trickle-charge. :-(