General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Amazing survival

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jun 2023 08:22

How wonderful that those four children who were in the plane crash in the Colombian jungle for six weeks have been found alive, malnourished but well. and the youngest is only 13 months old.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Jun 2023 10:36

It's wonderful news, isn't it!

I'm so glad they didn't give up looking for them.

I think the eldest - who is only 13, deserves a medal <3

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Jun 2023 11:05

I saw this today and my heart went out to them. A wee miracle that they survived.

I hope they go on to make a full recovery <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 10 Jun 2023 11:20

It is truly amazing! Fortunately, at their young age they are unfazed and fearless , it's only as you get older you start to wonder 'what if' and put obstacles in the way :-0. I think I had read previously that the children were from an indeginous group, perhaps this helped with their survival :-)

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 10 Jun 2023 13:11

It is wonderful that they survived reasonably well, also nice to have some cheerful news too.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jun 2023 14:31

I read that as they grow up they are taught to fish, hunt and forage and they are taught about the forest. I guess the eldest took charge but yes, he deserves some recognition for that (I said he I think I saw that the eldest was a boy.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 10 Jun 2023 17:21

Wonderful that they have been found after so long.
I read that the eldest was used to looking after his siblings and fortunately would have been aware of what fruits etc they could safely eat.
All credit to him for keeping them going so long after the crash.

Caroline

Caroline Report 10 Jun 2023 19:57

What good news, they had thought they were alive but to actually manage to find them amazing.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Jun 2023 23:29

The eldest was a girl. Her siblings were boys.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Jun 2023 07:33

thanks Maggie, I couldn't tell from the name, I felt her name could be either girl or boy. However, I have just seen it in the news,