General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Better the devil you know?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 24 Jun 2023 15:56

Well, it's all kicking off in Russia :-0

Whereas I have very little time for Putin, Prigozhin (Wagner leader) is ruthless and from all accounts makes Putin look like a pussy cat!

If Putin is ousted it is scary to think that Prigozhin could have his finger on the buttons of over 4000 nuclear warheads :-0

Florence61

Florence61 Report 24 Jun 2023 16:00

Oh my, i caught a snippet of this on the news site but didn't read it thoroughly. God what a thought , one button, one finger, 4000 nuclear warheads. That's very scary :-(

Caroline

Caroline Report 25 Jun 2023 01:00

Seems it's all over now, which is weird as he doesn't seem the type to quietly walk away.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 25 Jun 2023 06:26

It does seem strange, perhaps he thought others would follow like the Chechens! By himself he would have been terribly outnumbered with Russians killing Russians!

No doubt Prigozhin will one day be another of those that mysteriously falls from a high rise building :-0. Putin never forgets especially as he has been so humiliated not just in the eyes of Russians but by the World too :-0 <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 25 Jun 2023 08:12

I agree with you Belle. When family got together in the garden last night we all thought that Prigozhin will have to watch his back because Putin will feel humiliated, as you wrote, and he has a long memory. :-|

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 25 Jun 2023 12:31

As the saying goes, It ain't over till the fat lady sings :-0 :-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 25 Jun 2023 13:03

I was saying exactly the same thing within the next few months he'll have an accident.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 25 Jun 2023 14:23

We seem to be singing from the same song sheet.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Jun 2023 15:52

Have to admit, I was hoping they'd just start fighting each other.
Strikes me, they're two men 'past their best', with ego issues.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 25 Jun 2023 19:57

Money talks Belle :-D :-0 ;-)