General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

******* The GRO Online Indexes.*******

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 6 Jul 2023 16:39

Are now offering a Digital Image (JPEG) for births 1837-1937 and deaths 1837-1887.

Cost £2.50. Image available to view once payment is complete and a link to the image is provided on the order confirmation screen.

These can be downloaded immediately after payment.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 6 Jul 2023 16:42

Thank you Mr M. That sounds useful and cheaper than the £7 for a PDF.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 6 Jul 2023 17:07

Thank you so much for that news! My famly history stuff has taken a back seat to plain old family stuff for quite a while and I often miss out. There are so many certificates I've wanted for so long, I'll start with a few now, anyway!
<3

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Jul 2023 21:36

I just posted on FA :-)

I have bought two death certs, 3x gt grandparents, that I wouldn't have bought at full price, and one in particular had useful info re the informant ( raised more questions as usual!).

Florence61

Florence61 Report 6 Jul 2023 22:27

So you can download a copy of birth or death cert for £2.50 instead of spending a lot more to order a copy through the post?

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 6 Jul 2023 22:33

Rambling FA ??

Florence61

Florence61 Report 6 Jul 2023 23:28

Finding Ancestors board ZZzz

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Jul 2023 05:56

Florence

It’s cropped so only the section of the cert that gives the information not the full certificate so you won’t see the district info etc

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 7 Jul 2023 11:46

Great news.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Jul 2023 12:05

It’s great for me !!

I am on a Facebook site for BHC children and some births show as illegitimate

I often apply for a pdf of the birth to find mums name to try and work backwards

For descendants of kiddies who were shipped off to Canada their ancestors is very important