General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

So glad.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 13 Jul 2023 14:48

... I'm not in or about to go on holiday to Europe. I wouldn't cope and would melt and then I wouldn't be allowed back on the plane as there would be too much of me to fill just one of those little carry on liquid bags ;-)

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 13 Jul 2023 20:35

It is a few years since I have been to Europe, I do long haul these days.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 13 Jul 2023 21:04

As long as the temperature is not in the 40’s…..

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 13 Jul 2023 21:05

I think they've upped the limit on carry on liquids, some airports anyway :-D

We spent the summer in Washington DC about 15 years ago, they had a really hot year (temps around 34C) but it was the humidity that was killing, you did get used to it, but we certainly were glad of air-conditioned buildings! Similar temps in Egypt in spring many moons ago, but it was much drier there. The recent temps in southern Europe are crazy.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Jul 2023 00:21

I spent 6 months, from May in Saudi Arabia when I was 17.
The average temperature 38C.
It was hot - but not humid!
Humidity is the 'killer' for me, so 27C in the UK, with 'imminent rain' is awful.

McAlp

McAlp Report 14 Jul 2023 22:23

Well we have come down from 39c to a comfortable 28c
but they say tomorrow will be 34c
Ann

Caroline

Caroline Report 16 Jul 2023 12:50

Humidity is the devils curse, good luck to everyone in Europe and the States right now. We have it hot and humid often but not as bad as they're having right now.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 17 Jul 2023 16:03

Goodness me, it has all got so much worse. Softightening for those living in those unfortunate regions.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 18 Jul 2023 16:21

OH is sailing round Greece at the moment. The temp. is about 44C, more than double what it is here today. I'm glad I'm not there!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 18 Jul 2023 16:58

Oh crikey, there are fires in Greece in Athens I think. We moan up here that we don't get high temp in summer but by golly, I wouldn't swap the temp in Europe for anything.

We had a good run in Jun this year, that's more than enough for me. being asthmatic, the heat makes me wheezy.