General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GRO digital certificates. Be aware when ordering.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 24 Jul 2023 13:16

Some feedback on the GRO digital certificates. For the most part I think this is a fantastic service. However, I ordered a death entry and it was chopped off at the bottom, so it was incomplete. I contacted the GRO about this and this is the reply I received:

"We are sorry that you have received an incomplete image.
We have arranged for a full refund of £2.50 to be credited to your account via Worldpay.
As we are unable to manipulate the image, if you still require a copy of the above entry, you will need to place a further order for a PDF image (which can be manipulated) or a certificate."

Just something to be aware of.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 24 Jul 2023 13:32

At least they are being fair and refunding £2.50 :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 24 Jul 2023 14:34

Yes Joan, I certainly did have the same problem so will be ordering full certificates next time.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Jul 2023 15:11

A nuisance. I seem to have read about this problem before. Maybe on the Lost Cousins special on this.