General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just to let folks know!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Aug 2023 16:38

I have been contacted by several folks asking how I am as not seen me posting

I am fine thanks

I do look in and help on searching where I can as well as helping on Facebook site for BHC children

So for me I,m ticking over, the cancer node can’t be treated because of its position to vital organs but the last scan in April showed no spread and in fact the node was smaller !

Am being monitored and have a telephone appointment end august and ct scan pre oct consultation with oncologist in oct

Am still very pragmatic in that I have no control what’s going on inside so get on an f live life and get out and about etc

I,m living with cancer not dying with it lol

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 Aug 2023 16:44

Hello Shirley,

So good to read that you are OK.

I love and admire your attitude, just getting on with things... Well done. :-D

It's wise that you are being monitored and I hope the next scan is as good, if not better than the last one.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Aug 2023 16:54

Thanks Gywn

Bonus too I have my daughter staying with me at the moment cos they were selling their house in Hawkinge and buying in new Romney to have their seller pull out 13 plus weeks in

They were devastated but found another house on the same development and are proceeding with buying .
They completed their sale and put their furniture in store and now buying on a quick completion

Nice to have company for a few weeks

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 Aug 2023 17:13

Lovely to have your daughter's company.
Does she look after Harold, when she's there ? ;-)

Some nice houses in New Romney. One of the new 'growing' areas.

I hope all goes well with their new house.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Aug 2023 18:38

Harold is eating like mad in this warm weather

Harold is a 60 plus tortoise who was daughters pet acquired in 1968 and stayed with us when she married and moved out

Is now 60 plus years old

Have told daughter she gets him back in my will lol

Hopefully now her new home purchase will go through soon as she is fed uo being homeless and apart from her hubby
He is severely allergic to cats so is having to stay with his dad near Cannock on his time off as a long distance lorry driver