General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Change my name

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Llamedos Pam

Llamedos Pam Report 15 Aug 2023 09:48

This morning I have sat reading posts on here, it’s the first time I’ve been on this site for such a long time as my husband died 6 months ago and we are in the middle of an enquiry because it’ looks like big mistakes were made that contributed to his death, looking at my name Llamedos Pam I don’t want to sod em all any more I want to be something nice anyone have any suggestions and looking forward to contributing in the future

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Aug 2023 09:54

Welcome back, Pam.
I'm so sorry to know of your husband's death and the resulting problems.

It had never occurred to me what "Llamedos" meant!
I had assumed it was a Welsh place name.

The choice of name is a very personal thing. Just take your time to think of something that suits you - but keep contributing in the meantime!.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Aug 2023 09:56

I amso sorry to hear of your troubles - such an extended difficult time.

As you can see I am not very good at thinking up new titles ;-) ;-)

Is there anything that means something special to you or your late OH that would make you smile whenever you see it?

Hope you find something

Names

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 15 Aug 2023 10:01

Sorry to hear of your loss Pam <3

Like AG I too thought it was a Welsh place name :-)

You will be welcome on any of the Threads whatever your Boardname, I look forward to seeing you posting in the future:-)

Island

Island Report 15 Aug 2023 10:06

Crikey, there's a name from way back! I knew what LLamedos was and like the humour. How about just Pam? Pretty sure there isn't another one.
There's always Dylan Thomas' LLareggub.

I'm struggling with the loss of my long term partner myself, my heart goes out to you.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 15 Aug 2023 10:08

Sorry to hear of your difficult time, after such a sad loss.

You could just be Pam.... I don't know if that name has already been used as a board name.

EDIT
So Island has suggested the same :-D

I too understood your name.
There is a house in a nearby Kent town that bears that too.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 15 Aug 2023 10:13

It is good to see you back, I was so sorry to read about your husband.
Like the others, I hadn’t realised about your name, but it is so obvious once you look.
Sorry, I haven’t any suggestions either

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Aug 2023 10:28

Welcome back Pam, good to see you. so sorry to hear about your husbands death. I do remember that he was ill. It will be all the worse for you grieving if you feel there were mistakes made. I hope you can find answers I think you are from Wales so why not 'Pam from Wales'.
Anyway stay with us, you need contact with more people now and there is usually somebody around still. although we are fewer in number than we were. <3

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Aug 2023 11:28

I thought it was from Discworld, but it seems to mean a cheery person who doesn’t get on with their neighbours. :-S :-S

Island

Island Report 15 Aug 2023 11:33

It is names so your description would fit ;-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Aug 2023 20:46

Sorry to read this, my sympathies to both of you Pam and Island.

When I first saw 'Llamedos" I thought it might be somewhere on a Greek island, but then realised what it was :-)