General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Unbelievable!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 16 Aug 2023 12:28

The photo in this article is incredible - makes you wonder how people can be so stupid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-66508840

Florence61

Florence61 Report 16 Aug 2023 13:48

The more I read of articles like these, I just wonder!! Is it a generational thing because no friends of mine in my age group would drive and text or answer the phone, its illegal and dangerous and we have common sense!

So are the culprits of a certain age group or are they all different ages I wonder?

Maybe in 5th and 6th year secondary, they should have a life skills course including what you cannot and should not do whilst driving along with other skills for life that some people are sadly lacking!

I always maintained that when i worked in Education, they should have an exam in common sense!

Florence in the hebrides

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 16 Aug 2023 14:18

I hope they through the book at these two idiots :-|

Some people think they are above the law and it doesn't apply to them :-0

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Aug 2023 14:26

Unbelievable that people value their and others' lives so low.

It would be interesting to know the age group though. some people think they are such great drivers that nothing will happen to them. Sadly it is often not them that suffers through their ignorance.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 16 Aug 2023 15:02

Seat belts I think probably covers all age groups. Mobile phones more likely to be younger people because those of us who grew up without them seem to be less dependant on constant texting.

I agree with AnnG. Too many people belong to the "it won't happen to me" group. It doesn't need to be you - someone else could do something unexpected, but you have to be alert enough to see it coming!

When my sons were learning to drive, I told them to always expect the other driver to be an idiot. Most of the time they weren't, but they would be ready for the one that was.

Island

Island Report 16 Aug 2023 15:44

Entitled and under 35 years.
Crush the car
with them in it.
oops did I type that...... naughty fingers.

AG, I was told to regard other road users as idiots - by the instructor.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 17 Aug 2023 22:08

what load of waffle....