General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Heritage Days... Coming soon.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 27 Aug 2023 10:37

Each September there are many FREE events at places of interest.

Some places are not normally open to the public, other places might normally charge.

This year's dates 8th - 17th September but check for admission times and dates for individual places.
Some may need you to book.

More here...

https://www.heritageopendays.org.uk/

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 27 Aug 2023 10:57

Thanks for the reminder Gwyn. Every year I say I am going to do some of the tours and events and every year something gets in the way. This year I am going to be away for most of the Heritage Days. There are a couple of possibilities on 17th September that we could get to so I am just going to have a word with OH and if he is agreeable I will try to book, though numbers are limited and I suspect they are already fully booked.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 27 Aug 2023 11:57

Thanks for that Gwyn :-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 27 Aug 2023 12:17

Thank you for the reminder, Gwyn. I usually manage at least one visit. One year, with two cousins, the visit was to an ancient village church and we got a lovely surprise when we found that one of our direct ancestors had the oldest stone in the churchyard - mentioned in the handout we got when we arrived. Chuffed, we were. :-D

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 27 Aug 2023 12:23

I am amazed - I have got 2 tickets for a walking tour of our town's "Unlisted Heritage", looking at buildings that aren't listed but have interesting architectural features or an interesting story attached to them. The tour is limited to 12 people and tickets have been available since 10th August so I expected them to have all been allocated. I am well pleased so thank you again for the reminder Gwyn.