General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nearly lost me ............

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Sep 2023 00:30

I did not know until I tried to submit a post that my subscription had run out.

Debated a little, but decided I would renew especially as I still got the cheap offer ;-)

Had a bit of trouble though ................. GR decided that I was using a different card than the one I was actually doing. Think I've only used the one they wanted on one occasion in all the years!

It wasn't my fault, honest!

Von

Von Report 14 Sep 2023 09:07

Pleased that you have renewed Sylvia. I have the same issue with the card. ;-) ;-)

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 14 Sep 2023 09:40

That happened to me many moons ago, that's when they decided to hike my sub :-|

Pleased you managed to sort it Sylvia :-)

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 14 Sep 2023 09:46

Same thing happened to me this year which I found strange as I had given them my new card number last year and I’m on auto renew.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Sep 2023 11:03

Well done Sylvia we don’t want to lose you :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 14 Sep 2023 11:36

Good to see you decided to stay Sylvia :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 14 Sep 2023 16:01

It is good that you sorted it out. They don’t make things easy though :-(

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Sep 2023 20:15

Thank you, guys!

This is now the site that I have been on the longest, apart from possibly Ancestry. I first joined Friends Reunited, and that led me to GR. I was too scared to post on this General Chat part though after I received a nasty welcome!

Linda .... they certainly don't make it easy!!

I always forget to keep glancing up top to see if RENEW is showing!

Island

Island Report 15 Sep 2023 11:17

I had the same issue with card when renewing in June :-S Good job I had another - there was nothing amiss with the first one, I think it's them.

Sylvia, I didn't post for a good while either. First because I joined for tree building and didn't know there were chat boards - two back then. Then I found the chat boards....... :-0 :-0 :-0 Even the 'help' boards had a good few nasties - I still wouldn't post on any of those.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Sep 2023 04:00

Island ..... it was quite the time back then, wasn't it?

There were some real nasties, even on the help boards, as you say. One I still remember was NanaSue + her other names, she never seemed to realise that her membership number remained the same no matter what her name was :-D

I understand that she's on FB now, with many names!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Sep 2023 04:01

Island ..... it was quite the time back then, wasn't it?

There were some real nasties, even on the help boards, as you say. One I still remember was NanaSue + her other names, she never seemed to realise that her membership number remained the same no matter what her name was :-D

I understand that she's on FB now, with many names!