General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

hope you dont live in london

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maddie

Maddie Report 29 Sep 2023 13:03

an email from our community group

My husband just had a ULEZ charge for his non-compliant car which was on the recovery truck from the firm that scrap vehicles. We have appealed (attaching the certificate of destruction), but that is the most ridiculous charge ever!

what ever next

Florence61

Florence61 Report 29 Sep 2023 13:09

Oh My Maddie! The world has gone mad.....sorry no pun intended

You have to get that back, it's totally out of order. Good luck and let us know if you succeed.

Florence in the hebrides

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 29 Sep 2023 13:20

OMG how ridiculous.....they should be able to see it was on recovery truck when they check it :-0

Not a popular charge for Londoners. My nephew and partner were due to come and
stay over this evening but it would have cost them £25 for the privilege, they were unaware of the charge until I told them.....they are from up north :-(

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 29 Sep 2023 15:26

It's probably all automated, so hopefully when a human being gets involved it will be sorted out.

That can work the other way though. After we broke down on the M74, we were taken to the nearest motorway service station on the back of a breakdown truck, so the CCTV didn't pick us up. I asked about the usual two hours free and then pay, and was told they didn't know we were there at all! :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 30 Sep 2023 22:57

I have a friend who lives in London.
She gave up her car about 2 years ago, as it cost her £12.50 every time she moved from her drive :-|