General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

cant find tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 2 Oct 2023 11:53

Hi, its been a while since I have been on this site and have just re-subscribed.. I was trying to locate my family tree...which now seems to be unavailable ... can anyone tell me do trees get deleted after a certain amount of time

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 2 Oct 2023 12:03

No, it doesn’t get automatically deleted. Maybe you have used a new email address and a new password.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Oct 2023 20:39

Trees are never deleted by GR, unless it happens to be a subscriber that they ban for some heinous reason.

Otherwise, a tree can only be deleted by the member or someone delegated by them and provided with all necessary information to do so.

The most likely is as names posted ....... you've used a new email address etc. so it is not connected with your previous subscription and hence, you are unknown to it.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 2 Oct 2023 21:04

If you remember your previous log-in details, you can still use them to access your tree.