General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

This is a bit disconcerting!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 30 Oct 2023 13:54

This morning at 08:18, I had an email from the County Council about a planning application - for an 'extension' - put in by a local 'eco' firm.
This 'eco' firm is much disliked around here, as their HGV's thunder along the narrow lanes, and the road has had to be repaired very year since they started.

At 08:20 there were 2 (failed) attempted recalls of this email
08:37 - I received the same email.
09:01 - a failed attempt was made to recall the 08:37 email. :-D

This has raised a few questions.
Should I check with my local Councillors - who were against an extension applied for in 2021 - to see if they're aware of this application?

How has the planning department of the County Council got my email?
I did work for them, but left years ago - and I never worked for the Planning Department.

Should I let the County Council know I've received this, or have pity on the admin, who is probably a temp?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 30 Oct 2023 14:25

I certainly think I woul.d be trying to find out if there really is an application

Being turned down once doesn't stop these companies trying again, and again and again and again.................

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 30 Oct 2023 14:38

It appears this application was discussed at a local planning committee held in June 2023.
Looks like another attempt by the firm!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 30 Oct 2023 15:47

I wonder what level of application that was and what was the outcome.

Did you object last time, maybe they have your email address from that.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 30 Oct 2023 15:59

I didn't object last time - the current application has the same reference number as the last one - but is called a 'revised' application.
Must be a re-application.
However, as the local Councillors have said nothing, it seems weird.