General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My eldest grandson is getting married (Update)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tylersgran

Tylersgran Report 6 Nov 2023 22:27

this Thursday. Only a small wedding as it's been cancelled 3 times. I used to talk to a Janice on here whose son was a type 1 diabetic. He is a type 1 and has been since he was four. He stood on a screw at work and could not feel it and it stayed there all day. He got a bad infection and had 2 toes amputated. He had his leg amputated 6 days later due to the infection spreading. He is now on dialysis 3 times a week and awaiting a double transplant. He is only 31 and has 2 small children but his family still comes first. I have the confetti waiting xx

McAlp

McAlp Report 6 Nov 2023 22:38

Wishing the happy couple all the luck in the world.
And that he gets the transplant very soon
Best wishes Ann

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 6 Nov 2023 22:52

Best wishes to your grandson and family, hope you all have a lovely day

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Nov 2023 08:30

Best wishes to your Grandson, I hope the couple have a wonderful day.
I also hope that he gets the transplant soon.
Hope that you enjoy the day too and please let us know how it goes. <3

kandj

kandj Report 7 Nov 2023 21:05

Hello Tylersgnan

I hope all goes well for your grandson's wedding day on Thursday. Congratulations and Good Luck to the bride and groom.. I hope that you all enjoy this happy occasion and all goes well ln the future.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Nov 2023 09:12

I hope the weather improves, and you all have a wonderful day!

Fingers crossed for a transplant, soon <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 8 Nov 2023 11:51

Wishing the young couple a very happy day tomorrow and a wonderful future together.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 8 Nov 2023 15:21

Wishing your grandson and his family a wonderful day tomorrow and good luck in the future. Hoping he can have his transplant soon.

kandj

kandj Report 9 Nov 2023 18:29

I hope you and your family have had a happy time celebrating your grandson's wedding day. Many congratulations to the bride and groom.

I hope that he won't be waiting too long to have a transplant. Very best wishes for their future happiness together.

Tylersgran

Tylersgran Report 29 Nov 2023 22:24

It was a lovely small wedding. He got married on the Thursday and was blue lighted on the Monday to hospital. He said in the evening of his wedding he did not feel well. He had pneumonia. He still in hospital as he now has fluid around his heart and it's too risky to drain it. He now has dialysis every day and is on tablets. Cant wait to hear he is ready for a double transplant but i can only dream xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Nov 2023 08:39

so sorry to hear he is so unwell. Pleased the wedding went off well though.

It will be great when you can come on here and say he has had a a transplant. All good wishes to him and his family. It must be such a worry for you.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Nov 2023 15:56

So pleased to read that it was a happy wedding day, but so sorry to read that your grandson is so unwell.
It must be such a worry for you all and I hope things improve soon.

kandj

kandj Report 30 Nov 2023 21:32

Tylersgnan, I'm pleased that your grandson's wedding day was a happy occasion for your family.

So very sorry that he is so unwell. I do hope that he is being well looked after and can soon have the transplant he needs to begin to get himself better.

Tylersgran

Tylersgran Report 1 Dec 2023 21:40

He came out of hospital last night a lot better but has just slept today away. In hospital he was next to a elderly man that was shouting all the time. Feel sorry for the elderly man as well X

kandj

kandj Report 1 Dec 2023 21:45

Tylersgnan, your grandson and family will be pleased he is discharged and back home again, where everyone can be much more comfortable.

I hope that your grandson will have the support network around that he needs. X

Tylersgran

Tylersgran Report 1 Dec 2023 22:12

Thank you Kandj its been very hard for us as a family as another grandson has Huntingtons Disease and that is in progress x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Dec 2023 07:48

Goodness TG your family has a lot on its plate. However, I can sense that thee is a lot of love and support in the family around the two family members. We can only support from afar on here. But feel free to vent frustration to us, the support is here for you. Hope Grandson caught up on his sleep and is able to be more comfortable at home. <3 <3