General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Export Gedcom

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Duncan

Duncan Report 23 Nov 2023 12:44

Anyone help. Im trying to export a gedcom file. Keeps going as txt. Can anybody advise me how to save as....ged file and export?

Von

Von Report 23 Nov 2023 19:05

Duncan

Are you trying to export from this site or are you using some other family history

programme.
Edit to say are you working on a pc or tablet.

agingrocker

agingrocker Report 24 Nov 2023 02:43

What's happening here? I came to look at the message board and found a post from me that I know nothing about!

Thank you anyway Von for replying.

Has anybody else had this happen?

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 24 Nov 2023 08:21

There appear to be 2 Duncans. Different surnames and membership details. How confusing!

agingrocker

agingrocker Report 24 Nov 2023 18:30

Thanks Vera, I thought the username though I've Duncan could only be used once. I assumed that was why, for example, you are SuffolkVera, because there was already a Vera when you joined. Looks like I'm wrong again!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Nov 2023 23:34

No, user names can be used more than once, That is why I am SylviainCanada, because there was once another Sylvia and I was mistaken for her, not something I wanted repeated. as she was not a very pleasant person.

May I suggest that you add something to your name as an identifier. But please not Duncan #1 :-D

The other Duncan has been a member since 2004, but the above was only his 4th post.

agingrocker

agingrocker Report 25 Nov 2023 07:30

Thanks Sylvia - or should I say SylviaInCanada :-D :-D

No I won't use Duncan #1. And I won't use Duncana. When I had my first email address with AOL, duncan had gone, my surname begins with A so I went for duncana - which also became my username on a couple of sites. Several times I had to explain to people that no I am not female, and Duncana is not the feminine version of Duncan :-D :-D

To make it worse, my wife and I first joined Facebook very reluctantly so we could view a relatives photographs, so we opened a joint account in the fake name of Floyd Cooper. Then a few years later we decided to join properly, so I opened a new account in my name while Nikki took over the Floyd Cooper account. We are both on several of the same groups, so now when people who don't actually know us find we are married they see the names Duncan and Floyd and think we are both gay men!!!
:-D :-D :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Nov 2023 20:56

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Nov 2023 22:08

Confusing three Duncan’s all joined different years.
The only Duncan I remember from way back on here was quitrpe young. Maybe an older teenager.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Nov 2023 00:18

Do you see Duncan's new name???

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D