General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My EX

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val

Val Report 30 Nov 2023 21:20

Just found out my ex husband has passed away in March 2020 just before his 60th birthday I dont feel anything but I am angry that our children only just found out 3yrs and 8 months after he had died. My daughter went to a clairvoyant and her dad came through but she thought it was not him then checked on line and found out he had passed away

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 30 Nov 2023 21:25

I found out quite by accident 2 years after the event that my sister had passed away. I was not upset at all as we hadn't spoken for ages but cross with my nephews for not having the manners to let me know.

Val

Val Report 30 Nov 2023 21:28

I know how you feel I was angry for our 3 children that his girlfriend hadnt the decency to let them know he was ill or died

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Dec 2023 11:46

Did the children not have contact with their father beforehand?

My late brother gave instructions that his eldest son was not to be informed of his death. They had had no contact for many years after some sort of argument.

Linda

Linda Report 1 Dec 2023 18:23

My ex husband was a down and out and was living in hostel in London one of me daughter was in touch with him so I got told I went the funeral but it could have been a strangers my daughter did not want me to go but as I said it was the closing the door on my pass. Now I can all the hurt as gone

Val

Val Report 1 Dec 2023 18:47

My daughter had argument with her dad but she phoned him all the time then he up and moved when he got with new girlfriend never told her he was moving his middle son seen once after we split up and our youngest last seen when he was 5 yrs old.
I left as he was abusive to me and middle son

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Dec 2023 07:50

Not a nice thing to find out by accident. Especially for his children after such a long time. My condolences to them. <3

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 2 Dec 2023 15:44

Dare I suggest that maybe the new girlfriend didn't know that he had children - or if she did, didn't know how to get in touch with them?

Val

Val Report 3 Dec 2023 17:40

I think she knew he had children but it still is not a nice way to find out after the fact