General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Row IN ROYAL FAMILY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 2 Dec 2023 15:32

I think the media is making a big thing out of the colour of Archie’s skin now I might be wrong but in this instance I don’t think that is a raistest
Remark after all how many of us as asked maybe not that question but one along the same lines. I have ten ten grandchildren every time I asked I wonder they will have ginger hair because my brother and I both had ginger hair but no one accused us of anything family ask things like all the time nothing is ment by it the royal family are no different

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Dec 2023 16:06

I have ginger haired grt grandkids and now a grt grt grandson

We have never nastily said ?

Remember mum when our youngest sibling was born saying she looked nothing like the rest of us so maybe she was the milkmans!

All said in jest cos she is certainly our biological sister and now in her 70,s is def looking like our dads side

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 2 Dec 2023 16:23

I think Chris Rock, the black American Comedian, got it just right about Meghan in his stand up show, amongst other things he said

Once again, the comedy star mocked Markle by repeating her claims: “’Oprah, they’re so racist they wanted to know how brown the baby was going to be’ – I’m like, ‘That’s not racist, because even Black people want to know how brown the baby going to be.’”

:-D :-D :-D :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 2 Dec 2023 16:31

An excerpt was shown yesterday when a well known ginger nut said only white peoples around the world queried the possible colour of their children.

Doesn’t everyone wonder which side of the family a baby will take after? Why does one look at a baby and say things like, he/she looks just like………., or poor kid he’s got grandads nose and comments like that.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 2 Dec 2023 16:34

Of course we do names, we have had a new addition to the family this week and made just such comments.
It is only me me Megan and the ginger t**t stirring up the s*** as usual

Linda

Linda Report 2 Dec 2023 16:49

I totally agree LondonBelle and Shirley I have got two ginger grandsons and they are lovely and very proud of it. I love the royal family no way are they racist we just have to look at the late queen and Nelson Mandela myself I think it’s Meghan that is the racist other wise she would not have brought up in the first place

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 2 Dec 2023 19:41

I really don't understand why some people are concerned about skin colour or hair colour, it's the person that is important.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 2 Dec 2023 19:42

Very true ZZzzz, I totally agree with you.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Dec 2023 20:42

I don't think the row is IN the Royal Family .................

it's manufactured by Meghan, first, and now this guy who has written a book that explains everything about the RF, except he is not anywhere near being close enough to know anything, just all made up to get money.

Of course the media is all over it, especially who told who what and when.

M of course hasn't told him anything ................

as my Dad used to say .......... pull the other leg, it's got bells on it :-D :-D

We all know that we ask similar questions whenever there is a baby in the family, nothing mean or racist in that. Just common interest.

Linda

Linda Report 2 Dec 2023 22:10

Quit might not be hair it might be colour of eyes it’s only human nature to aske these questions but normal people don’t get upset about it

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 2 Dec 2023 22:38

Unfortunately, some people seem to be always on the defensive, looking for racism everywhere, and therefore finding it where it doesn't exist.. Must be exhausting to live like that.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 Dec 2023 00:33

ArgyllGran ....... I agree.

But it almost seems as if Meghan, if not looking for racism/sexism/ignoring her/whatever at the time, did in hindsight find it everywhere. Thus providing the excuse for her to be unhappy.

Such a pity, because she seemed to have been welcomed by so many, in and out of the Royal circles. Not to mention how the public went made over her, especially young women.

agingrocker

agingrocker Report 3 Dec 2023 02:21

Hating or abusing somebody because of their skin colour is racism. But nowadays even noticing skin colour is not white seems to be instantly classed as racism, all fuelled by the likes of Meghan Markle.

As you say Sylvia, she arrived in the Royal Family and was instantly adored by the Public, the Press, even by the Queen. What a shame she turned out the way she did.

We had the same situation in our family earlier this year, with a mixed race baby now 5 months old, and we were all wondering the same thing until he was born. That's not because we're racists, it's because we wondered, simple as that.

Linda

Linda Report 4 Dec 2023 11:51

That’s what I was saying in my earlier posts I have got mixed raced g grandchildren and it was asked just like the the colour of the hair but not in a nasty way, one we where excited and two we just wanted to know what he or she was like. Has I said before the media just won’t stop their like a dog with a bone, and harry and Meghan should have kept the names to the self’s in the first place but they have sunk to the lowest

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Dec 2023 23:54

See my avatar?
My ex, when he first saw me, thought I was Spanish.
A supply teacher thought me and my Chinese Mauritian friend were sisters.
A University professor 'assumed' I was Jewish.
I had a pretty hard time when I decided to have an Afro.
Most recently, daughter's newest boyfriend said I remind him of his grandmother.
She's half Chinese.

Both my parents are white, one of my brothers had blonde hair and blue eyes
My light brown haired sister and I had our DNA tested, We're both Celtic (Cornish), Northern European (Viking Suffolk) and, for some reason Iberian.
Sister is more 'Northern European' than me. She is 3% Iberian, I'm 9.6%.

My fair skinned blond haired ex and I had 2 daughters.
The whole family discussed who they would take after.
One has brown eyes, dark hair and olive skin,
The other is very fair skinned, blonde, with blue eyes.
We got one each - and apart from colouring, they look nothing like either of us!

It's called genetics.

Perhaps someone should explain this to reporters, and Meghan.