General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

seen on facebook

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Dec 2023 08:28

And I thought for those of us thinking of loved ones, no longer with us, at this time of year.

Loss can be even louder during the holiday months and change the lens through which you see and feel everything:
Twinkling lights seem as though they’ve dimmed somehow. The sparkle has dulled. The music has quieted. The joy, hope, and magic of the season feels out of reach.
Grief doesn’t take a holiday. I hope that however it presents itself for you this season, that you’re able to sit with it and feel it. That you’re able to take a step back from the things you need to or bravely take a step forward toward the things your heart is ready for.

It’s okay if traditions look different as your heart catches its breath. It’s okay if you are welcoming back old traditions you’ve taken a break from. It’s okay if you’re bravely adding new ones.
There’s no rule-book here, but there is a ton of grace. This holiday season can look however you need it to.
And I pray that, like a gentle and unexpected friend, you still see places where hope glimmers. I hope you see reminders of your loved one sprinkled everywhere throughout this season.
And if joy or peace comes to meet you amidst the grief and pain, I hope you open your heart to the tension of feeling those things too. ????
-Liz Newma

Florence61

Florence61 Report 5 Dec 2023 11:16

How wonderful <3

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 5 Dec 2023 16:16

Even more sad when your loved one succumbs to Alzheimer's and Dementia.as has my beloved wife of 63 years..

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Dec 2023 16:45

Bob I am so sorry to hear this. I do know J has had problems over the years have things worsened now? <3