General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary Alice Tucker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 24 Dec 2023 05:04

I have an Albert Cecil Tucker born in London in 1910 and died in 1966 father of my Aunt Mary Alice Tucker born in March 1931. Please let me know as I'm looking for my Aunt (Mary Tuckers) Parents, Aunts, Uncles, Brothers, sister etc., and address etc as I believe her family were from the Devon & Cornwall area. My aunt Mary was born in the Dagenham area. I hope someone can help please and let me know. Thanks

I just noticed after posting my request it included a photo of my Great Grandmother. How do I delete that photo ?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Dec 2023 08:25

Use freebmd.org.uk to find the entry for Mary, it will give you her mother’s maiden name. You can then use it to find a marriage between that name and Tucker. You can also use it to find all the children with the same mother’s names.

Once you have the parents names you can look for them on the census - which should lead you to their parents and siblings.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Dec 2023 09:53

To delete the photo, click on your ACCOUNT - at the top of he page

David

David Report 24 Dec 2023 23:06

Maggie, Thanks for that, and it was easy to do. David

greyghost

greyghost Report 25 Dec 2023 14:08

Your thread re Arthur Malin (Ancestors board) explains the use of freebmd and the GRO websites. you said in your OP there that you had access to the 1911 census but not the 1921.

Freebmd shows Mary Alice's birth registration with mmn Amos in Romford RD

Freebmd shows the marriage registration of the parents in 1927

No Albert Cecil Tucker birth in 1910 - most likely but not certain is an 1899 birth registration in the same RD as the 1927 marriage

Find My Past has a Norfolk Churchyard Graves and Memorials inscription for an Albert C Tucker died 11.12. 1966 aged 67 -

In memory of our dear parents
Albert C Tucker died 11 Dec 1966 aged 67 years
Also dear Mum Ethel L G Tucker who died 2 Sept 1972 aged 73 years

Ethel's birth shows as Ethel Lilian Gertrude Amos 1899 Yarmouth RD

greyghost

greyghost Report 25 Dec 2023 14:14

You can find Albert on the 1901 / 1911 census with parents and a brother. The original says parents married 17 years, with 3 children born but 1 has died

Check for births of Albert and sibling/s on the GRO site for mmn.

Look for the parents marriage (I'm not seeing one) but her birth can be found to take that side back

Albert's Father was from Cornwall -
1891 census has him in Bethnal Green by the looks of it - married with children

1881 - Islington a Boarder. Married but wife not with him. 2 children with grandparents Tucker in St Mewan

1871 - St Mewan, Cornwall with wife Caroline nee Cassidy and her parents (md 1871 Plymouth) Parents John Tucker and Stewart Cassidy

1861 - age 9 in Hewas Water, St Ewe with parents
TUCKER, JOHN JENKIN
GRO Reference: 1852 J Quarter in SAINT AUSTELL Volume 05C Page 149