General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jolly good 'impulse' buy!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 31 Dec 2023 19:02

I went to my sister's for Christmas.
She picked me up om Christmas Eve, and I was going to stay there for a family gathering on 28th, and one of my grand daughters was going to bring me home.

The.gathering was in a building on a campsite my sister helps run.
There is a kitchen with ovens etc a small way from the building.

Well, on 27th, online, I noticed a rather nice microwave in the Argos sale.
I haven't had a microwave for at least 20 years, since my other one blew up.
My sister has a car, and lives very close to a Sainsbury's, where Argos stuff can be picked up.
I don't drive and the nearest place I can pick up Argos stuff is 3 bus rides away.
Sister was fine with picking it up on the way to the gathering, so I ordered it.

We got to the gathering place, only to find the cookers switched off, and disconnected :-|

Only one thing for it - my brand new microwave was put into action!!
We had hot food - even if it was cooked in small portions :-D :-D

Unfortunately, my grand daughter who is old enough to drive couldn't make the gathering, as she was unwell, so the microwave and I stayed at my sister's until yesterday (30th).

Florence61

Florence61 Report 31 Dec 2023 19:07

Wow Maggie, what a jolly good buy indeed. Everything happens for a reason :-D